- Social Security cards, a Social Security number verification letter, or other U.S. government document verification for all persons you may list on the return.
- Birth dates for all persons you may list on return.
- Copies of last year’s federal and state returns, if you have them.
- All income statements: Forms W-2 and 1099, Social Security, unemployment and other statements, such as pensions, stocks, interest and any documents showing taxes withheld. If you own or run a business or farm, collect records of all your income.
- All records of expenses, such as tuition, mortgage interest, or real estate taxes. If you own or run a business or farm, collect records of all your expenses.
- All information reporting forms such as the 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C.
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers to direct deposit any refund.
- Dependent child care information: name and address of paid caretakers and either their Social Security number or other tax identification number.
Please follow and like us: